|October 1, 2014
||Volume II, No. 20
Sponsored by: Moving the Metrics: Financial and Quality Returns from System-wide Care Coordination and Risk Stratification
Mark Green, system director of the Care Coordination Center (C3) at Ochsner Health System, will share, during an October 8th webinar, his organization's system-wide approach to health risk stratification and care coordination -- why they took this approach, how they assign a severity index to patients and the financial and quality returns achieved. Click here to register or for more details.
- CDC to Administer Nearly $212 Million in Grants to Prevent Chronic Diseases
- Workers Who Exercise Lower Health Risks, Cost Less: U-M Study
- Clinical Study to Evaluate Packaging's Role in Improving Medication Adherence
- 42 Metrics for Improving Medication Adherence
- 10 Things to Know About Reducing Avoidable ER Visits in 2014
- IOM "Dying in America" Report Suggests Roadmap for End-of-Life Care
- New Chart: Key Components of Palliative Care
- PHO Provides Framework for Physician Success in Value-Based Payment Models
- Infographic: ADL Limitations Among Older Adults
- Stratifying High-Risk, High-Cost Patients: Benchmarks, Predictive Algorithms and Data Analytics
- Obese May Be at Greater Risk for Stress-Related Diseases like Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- White Paper: Challenges, Opportunities of the Dual Eligibles Market
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities in the Population Health Monitor, please e-mail email@example.com or call 888-446-3530.
Missed the last issue? View it here.
Take this month's e-survey: 10 Questions on Embedded Case Management
More to contribute? View all open surveys
Watch a HIN video: Welcome to the Medical Home Neighborhood
To receive daily updates from Twitter, follow us at: http://twitter.com/H_I_N.
What are your population health management information needs? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Population Health Monitor by Healthcare Intelligence Network.
Editor: Patricia Donovan, email@example.com;
Publisher: Melanie Matthews, firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Offices: 800 State Highway 71, Suite 2, Sea Girt, NJ 08750,
(732) 449-4468, Fax (732) 449-4463; e-mail email@example.com, Web site www.hin.com.
Join HIN Online:
Provides a framework in which to evaluate the patient-centered medical neighborhood (PCM-N) model.
Reserve your PDF or print copy today.
Featured Webinar Replay:
Elizabeth Miller, vice president of care management at White Memorial Medical Center, part of Adventist Health
"A feature that should always be considered with population management is medication reconciliation [...]
In using NPs to go into the home and do medication reconciliation, many times we've found that the patient was
going to two cardiologists and taking medications from both, not realizing that that was against their health."
Watch the webinar today or order a training DVD or CD-ROM.