Press Release: Metrics for Care Transitions Management
Contact: Melanie Matthews
Sea Girt NJ USA -- May 14, 2015: Management of patient handoffs—between providers, from hospital to home or skilled nursing facility, or SNF to hospital—is a key factor in the delivery of value-based care. Poorly managed care transitions drive avoidable readmissions, ER use, medication errors and healthcare spend.
2015 Healthcare Benchmarks: Care Transitions Management the Healthcare Intelligence Network's fourth annual analysis of these cross-continuum initiatives, examines programs, models, protocols and results associated with movement of patients from one care site to another, including the impact of care transitions management on quality metrics and the delivery of value-based care.
For more information or to order your copy today:
With a special focus on the patient discharge process and follow-up, this 50-page report is based on responses from more than 100 healthcare companies to HIN's fourth e-survey on Managing Care Transitions conducted in February 2015.
New in the 2015 edition:
- Comparison of care transitions management trends from 2010 to present;
- Availability of dedicated post-discharge clinics;
- Transmission modes for information on patients discharged or transitioned;
- Details on discharge summaries;
- Partnerships and collaborations helping to shore up care transitions, in respondents' own words; and
- Successful workflows, protocols and tools identified by respondents.
This fourth comprehensive collection of data points presents actionable new metrics on care transitions management, including the following;
and much more.
The prevalence of existing and planned care transitions management programs;
Most critical care transitions managed by responding organizations;
- Preferred care transitions models;
Targeted conditions and risk factors;
- Methods to identify participants for care transitions management;
- Responsibility for care transitions coordination;
- Tools and training for the care transitions team;
Key measurements to gauge program success;
Sector-specific feedback on care transitions efforts by hospitals and other high-responding sectors;
Program challenges, impacts and ROI;
The complete 2015 Managing Care Transitions survey tool;
Order your copy today online:
Regular Benchmarks Buyer? — Save $500 annually with our Benchmarks Subscription. Click here for details.
You may also be interested in these care transition management resources:
About the Healthcare Intelligence Network — HIN is the premier advisory service for executives seeking high-quality strategic information on the business of healthcare. For more information, contact the Healthcare Intelligence Network, PO Box 1442, Wall Township, NJ 07719-1442, (888) 446-3530, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.hin.com.