With the nation's leading accountable care organizations already testing the waters with CMS' newest value-based reimbursement opportunity, the Next Generation Accountable Care Organization Model, healthcare organizations are evaluating how this new opportunity aligns with their value-based contracting strategy.
With a looming application deadline for a 2017 start for the next round of Next Generation ACOs, the clock is ticking. And, with one approved Next Generation ACO, River Health ACO, already departing the program effective February 1st, the "Go-No Go" decision has become even more critical.
Please note: All organizations interested in applying to the Next Generation Model must first submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) by April 1st. Only organizations that submit an LOI will be able to complete an application. For details on the Next Generation LOI for 2017, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for 2017 will be due in two parts: the narrative portion is due May 25, 2016; and the Participating Provider list is due June 3, 2016.
During Next Generation ACO: An Organizational Readiness Assessment, a 60-minute webinar on April 5, 2016 at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Healthcare Strategy Group's Travis Ansel, senior manager of strategic services, and Walter Hankwitz, senior accountable care advisor, will provide a value-based, risk contract roadmap to determine organizational readiness for participation in the Next Generation ACO Model in particular and in risk-based contracts in general.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- The issues and opportunities within CMS' Next Generation ACO Model and how this will frame future commercial payor value-based contracts, in addition to CMS' evolving models for accepting down-side risk;
- The infrastructure and cultural changes that need to exist to achieve success within the Next Generation ACO model;
- How the Next Generation ACO benefit enhancements and waivers of Medicare service rules will assist Next Generation ACOs in improving care and in engaging beneficiaries and how ACOs can take advantage of these opportunities;
- The factors and criteria that an existing Medicare Shared Savings Program is evaluating this year to determine if they will transition their MSSP to the Next Generation ACO model for 2017; and
- How to integrate a value-based strategy across the healthcare enterprise for long-term success with these models of care.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Travis Ansel and Walter Hankwitz during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your
risk-based contracting questions and challenges.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Next Generation ACO: An Organizational Readiness Assessment, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these ACO resources: