Moving the Metrics: Financial and Quality Returns
from System-wide Care Coordination and Risk Stratification
An innovative Care Coordination Center (C3) at Ochsner Health System, under the Ochsner Accountable Care program, is charged with both clinical and non-clinical care coordination for the nine-hospital system. From managing in-bound calls to a nurse advice line and making outbound calls for post-discharge care transitions and care gap management, this system-wide approach was launched in July of 2013 as the organization hit a tipping point of patients for which they are at financial risk for medical management.
During Moving the Metrics: Financial and Quality Returns from System-wide Care Coordination and Risk Stratification, a 45-minute webinar, Mark Green, system director of C3 (Care Coordination Center) at Ochsner Health System, will share why the organization took this approach, how it assigns a severity index to its patients and the financial returns and quality metrics it has achieved from this approach.
You will learn how C3:
- Achieves a consistent approach to care coordination and enabled Ochsner's clinical staff to practice at the top of their licensure;
- Assigns roles, responsibilities and staffing protocols for each of three functions of C3, inbound nurse triage, outbound post-discharge care transition management and outbound care gaps;
- Reduces avoidable emergency department use and improves ED efficiency through a day time and after hours nurse triage line ... with surprising results on how a day-time component can impact results;
- Qualifies for CMS' post-hospital discharge care coordination CPT codes with its outbound care transition management program and reduces readmissions for patients at risk of readmission...and the financial implications of this program;
- Uses a registry tool to identify care gaps based on HCC codes and assigns potential ROI to patients to maximize its shared savings agreements; and
- Benefits from a partnership with a non-owned hospital in its market to manage their patient discharges.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You can "attend" this program right in your office to learn about Ochsner's system-wide approach to managing risk and coordinating care.
It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Mark Green during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your questions and challenges on care coordination and risk stratification.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Moving the Metrics: Financial and Quality Returns from System-wide Care Coordination and Risk Stratification, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these resources: