There's still time to register for tomorrow's webinar, Medication Management: Using Clinical Pharmacists To Complete Comprehensive Drug Therapy Management Post Discharge in High-Risk Patients.
A clinical pharmacist-driven medication management effort at Novant Health identifies patients at high-risk for readmissions or ED visits related to adverse drug events.
Using a combination of medication reconciliation, pharmacotherapy review, and patient education, Novant Health's clinical pharmacists are working to reduce preventable readmissions by optimizing medication regimens and removing barriers to adherence among these high-risk patients.
During this 45-minute webinar at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Rebecca Bean, director, population health pharmacy, Novant Health, will share her organizationís medication management approach and why a clinical pharmacist is key to the programís success.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- The stratification criteria that Novant Health uses to identify patients who are at high-risk for readmission related to adverse drug events;
- The components and timing of Novant Health's medication management efforts, as well as details on the program's staffing requirements;
- The most common barriers to medication adherence and how Novant Health's multidisciplinary team works with patients to remove these barriers;
- How Novant Health's clinical pharmacists are working across the care continuum to train and align staff to maintain an accurate medication list in the electronic health record at all times; and
- How Novant is partnering with primary care physicians to provide team-based medication management services and incorporating pharmacists into the patient-centered medical home.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Rebecca Bean during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your medication management questions and challenges.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Medication Management: Using Clinical Pharmacists To Complete Comprehensive Drug Therapy Management Post Discharge in High-Risk Patients, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these medication management resources: