There's still time to register for tomorrow's webinar, "Measuring and Evaluating the Impact of Home Visits for Clinically Complex Patients," which profiles Community Care of North Carolina's (CCNC) home visits program. Register online today at: http://store.hin.com/product.asp?itemid=5124
CCNC's transitional care model was just recently recognized for outstanding achievement in managing/improving health by the inaugural Hearst Health Prize. CCNC earned the highest overall score for the following criteria: the program's population health impact or outcome, demonstrated by measurable improvement; use of evidence-based interventions and best practices to improve the quality of care; scalability and sustainability; promotion of engagement, collaboration and communication; and innovation.
As part of its transitional care program, CCNC has been conducting home visits for high-risk patients since 2008.
Using a modified version of the Eric Coleman' Care Transitions Intervention® model, CCNC's RN care managers conduct the home visits post-discharge among clinically complex Medicaid patients.
During tomorrow's webinar, which starts at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Carlos Jackson, PhD., assistant director of program evaluation for CCNC, will share the details behind the home visits program, from how individuals are identified for the intervention to the impact it has on key performance metrics.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- Why the home visit is so impactful compared to telephonic follow-up or face-to-face contact in the primary care office for these clinically complex patients;
- How CCNC uses real-time feeds from inpatient admissions combined with a predictive analytics tool and then wraps intelligence around this data to prioritize patient contacts;
- Which two conditions CCNC teaches its care managers not to exclude from the home visit intervention because of its potential impact;
- How to use program evaluations to teach care managers on the impact their intervention has to prevent care managers from becoming discouraged with clinically complex patients; and
- The statistically significant results from the program on CCNC's readmission rates and healthcare spend.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Carlos Jackson during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your home visits questions and challenges.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Measuring and Evaluating the Impact of Home Visits for Clinically Complex Patients, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these home visit resources: