When the prestigious Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) began to face tougher competition from hospitals with managed care contracts and limited networks, the state-of-the-art specialty hospital decided to implement a team-based care coordination approach to attract and retain healthcare payors focused on value-based care.
Integrated Case Management: Elevating Quality and Clinical Metrics with Multidisciplinary Team-Based Care details the framework and implementation of the service-based multidisciplinary program MSKCC adopted to demonstrate that the care it provides to more than 25,000 admitted patients each year is both cost-effective and cost-efficient.
For more information or to reserve your copy today and save, please visit:
In this 20-page resource, Laura Ostrowsky, RN, CCM, MUP, director of case management at MSKCC, also describes some of the cultural shifts that resulted from its integrated case management approach, including new clinician and patient perspectives on hospice and palliative care.
Ms. Ostrowsky provides the following details in this report:
- Multiple applications and interpretations of integrated case management across healthcare entities;
- Factors that drove the specialty hospital to consider an integrated case management model;
- Evolution of MSKCC case management from a service coordination function to an essential component of a value-based care delivery system;
- Defining the roles of the patient-centered integrated case management team;
- The importance of communication, coordination, collaboration, and consistency in the integrated case management model;
- Typical duties of the service-based inpatient case manager;
- Preparing patients for care transitions, including transitions to home care;
- Redefining parameters for hospice and palliative care and referrals to improve patient, caregiver and provider satisfaction;
- Tapping long-term acute care hospital (LTACH) care to reduce hospital length of stay;
- and much more.
Reserve your copy today online:
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail email@example.com or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these care management resources from HIN: