There's still time to register for tomorrow's webinar, Innovative Community-Clinical Partnerships: Reducing Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities through Community Transformation.
As part of its mission to improve the health of the residents of Bronx, N.Y., and address healthcare disparities, Bronx Health REACH continues to create community-based healthcare partnerships to advance these goals.
During the webinar, which starts at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Charmaine Ruddock, project director, Bronx Health REACH, will share the details behind the innovative partnerships established by Bronx Health REACH with area faith-based programs, bodegas, restaurants, schools, clinics and local art groups and how these partnerships are promoting the health and well-being of area residents.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn how Bronx Health REACH is:
- Working with not just the bodegas in its community but also the American Bodega Association and bodega suppliers with innovative programs to increase healthy options and purchases within the bodegas;
- Engaging clinics and patients in a Vegetable and Fruit Rx program with the goal of improving the healthy eating of obese patients at clinics in the Bronx Health REACH service area;
- Partnering with school wellness programs to encourage teachers to add nutrition education to their curriculum, and schools to establish wellness councils, establish school gardens, and improve the nutritional value of school food;
- Promoting healthy eating options at Bronx restaurants with the development of 'The Bronx Salad' and for SNAP beneficiaries with discounts at area stores for healthy items and the ability to use "Healthy Bucks" at farmer's markets; and
- Encouraging active living through collaborations with art groups and local artists to create murals in parks within the community that engage community residents and public housing tenants in outdoor physical activities.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Ms. Ruddock during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your
questions and challenges on community-health partnerships.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Innovative Community-Clinical Partnerships: Reducing Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities through Community Transformation, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
You may also be interested in these resources: