An integrated case management approach across the continuum of care at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center has improved the quality of care for patients while also having positive impacts on clinical metrics for this specialty hospital.
During Integrated Case Management: A New Approach to Transition Planning, a 45-minute webinar on August 10th at 1:30 pm Eastern, Laura Ostrowsky, director, case management at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), will detail how MSKCC uses a team-based case management model that follows patients as they transition across the health system.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
- How MSKCC's case management model follows the four "C's" of case management...collaboration, communication, coordination, and consistency...to improve care;
- When and how patients are assessed for case management referral;
- The importance of incorporating case managers as part of the practice care team by rounding with the team and participating in daily huddles to improve communication;
- How MSKCC has increased timely referrals to hospice and palliative care for patients who want to maximize the quality of end of life care;
- The impact of MSKCC's integrated case management approach on key clinical indicators, including hospice length of stay and identification of post-acute care needs; and
- How MSKCC uses case management extenders as support personnel to enable case managers to practice at the top of their licensure.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Ms. Ostrowsky during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your
integrated case management questions and challenges.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Integrated Case Management: A New Approach to Transition Planning, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
You may also be interested in these case management resources from the Healthcare Intelligence Network: