Reserve your seat for the upcoming webinar
Just a reminder that there is still time to register for the upcoming webinar in the Medical Home Open House Series:
Home Visits in the Patient-Centered Medical Home
Wednesday, May 20, 2010 • 1:30-2:15 p.m. Eastern
While costly to conduct, home visits to patients with complex care needs can provide huge returns by identifying patient compliance barriers that are only apparent when seeing a patient in their home. Many patient-centered medical home initiatives are using home visits as part of a care transition program to reduce avoidable hospital readmissions and emergency room utilization.
During Home Visits in the Patient-Centered Medical Home, a 45-minute webinar, Dr. Larry Greenblatt, medical director, Chronic Care Program, Durham Community Health Network, Duke University Medical Center, and Jessica Simo, program manager, Durham Community Health Network for the Duke Division of Community Health, will examine the features of a successful home visit initiative, from the types of patients to include to the actual visit itself and the outcomes that it can achieve.
They will share details on:
- Evaluating if a home visit program will benefit your patients and your organization;
- Who should conduct home visits, including the necessary skill sets;
- Structuring the home visit, from when to conduct it, to what to assess;
- Overcoming the challenges of a home visits program;
- Implementing policies and procedures to guide home visits; and
- Results from home visit initiatives.
For more information, please visit:
The last 15 minutes of the 45-minute program is reserved for a live question-and-answer session. Get your questions
answered in real-time on the role of home visits in improving care coordination in the medical home.
Don't miss this important event! Register today by contacting 888-446-3530 or visiting online at:
Other upcoming programs in the Medical Home Open House Series:
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Transformation: 9 Key Hurdles for Physician Practices To Overcome on 5/12/10
- Physician Practices in the Medical Home: Recruiting, Evaluating, Supporting and Measuring the Patient-Centered Team on 5/19/10
Register for all three upcoming programs and save 20%. Register today at:
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network