Given the powerful patterns disrupting healthcare, what will it take to succeed as a high-velocity healthcare organization in 2018?
Healthcare Trends & Forecasts in 2018: Performance Expectations for the Healthcare Industry, HIN's 14th annual business forecast, is designed to support healthcare C-suite planning as leaders react to presidential priorities and seek new strategies for engaging providers, patients and health plan members in value-based care.
For more information or to order your copy today, please visit:
In 2017, healthcare not only experienced the first performance year of Medicare's Quality Payment Program, but also witnessed President Trump's halting of cost-sharing reductions (CSR) payments to payors and issuing of executive orders to examine key Affordable Care Act (ACA) elements. To date, multiple attempts by Congress to modify or repeal the ACA in 2017 were unsuccessful.
On the basis of these and other market drivers, such as the formidable reach of technology, non-traditional business partnerships and a laser focus on the social, economic and lifestyle factors that shape population health, ample preparation is required to gear up for the year ahead.
Healthcare Trends & Forecasts in 2018: Performance Expectations for the Healthcare Industry, HIN's highly anticipated annual strategic playbook, opens with perspectives from industry thought leader Brian Sanderson, managing principal, healthcare services, Crowe Horwath, who outlines a roadmap to healthcare provider success by examining the key issues, challenges and opportunities facing providers in the year to come.
Following Sanderson's outlook is guidance for healthcare payors from David Buchanan, president, Buchanan Strategies, on navigating seven hot button areas for insurers, from the future of Obamacare to the changing face of telehealth to the surprising role grocery stores might one day play in healthcare delivery.
Now in its 14th year of equipping healthcare executives with a strategic planning agenda for the year ahead, Healthcare Trends & Forecasts in 2018: Performance Expectations for the Healthcare Industry covers the following:
- Synergies from the non-traditional CVS-Aetna merger and predictions for the next wave of healthcare delivery;
- Tactics for reacting to powerful patterns disrupting the industry;
- Anticipated direction of healthcare reimbursement;
- Advantages of positioning population management over population health;
- Potential impact of artificial intelligence (AI) and big data on healthcare cost, quality and effectiveness;
- Five tenets to adopt to become a 'high-velocity' healthcare business;
- Realities surrounding the ACA market and individual buyers;
- Benefits of integrating the consumer/patient into the healthcare transaction;
- Five novel paths to patient engagement;
- Seven essential telehealth trends, including the technology's changing audience;
- Nine healthcare payment trends on the horizon, from narrow networks for Medicare Advantage to the explosion of high-deductible health plans (HDHPs);
- What's ahead for Medicare and Medicaid;
- and much more.
Order your copy today online:
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these strategic planning resources from HIN: