Not in recent history has the outcome of a U.S. presidential election portended so much for the healthcare industry. Will the Trump administration repeal or replace the Affordable Care Act (ACA)? What will be the fate of MACRA? Will Medicare and Medicaid survive?
These and other uncertainties compound an already daunting landscape that is steering healthcare organizations toward value-based care and alternative payment models and challenging them to up their quality game.
Healthcare Trends & Forecasts in 2017: Performance Expectations for the Healthcare Industry, HIN's 13th annual business forecast, is designed to support healthcare C-suite planning during this historic transition as leaders prepare for both a new year and new presidential leadership.
For more information or to order your copy today:
This 30-page resource begins with a set of metrics that document healthcare organizations' top concerns, challenges and successes in 2016, based on responses to HIN's November 2016 survey. These metrics provide a snapshot of value-based activity and readiness in the industry, including anticipated MACRA participation in 2017 and positioning for value-based reimbursement.
This highly anticipated annual strategic playbook then turns the floor over to industry thought leader Steven Valentine, vice president, Advisory Consulting Services, Premier Inc., who provides a roadmap to the key issues, challenges and opportunities for healthcare organizations in 2017—including what President-Elect Donald J. Trump's 'Better Way' could mean for healthcare.
Now in its 13th year of equipping healthcare executives with a strategic planning agenda for the year ahead, Healthcare Trends & Forecasts in 2017: Performance Expectations for the Healthcare Industry covers the following:
Frank assessment of the 2016 state of healthcare, based on feedback from 104 respondents to HIN's annual Healthcare Trends & Forecasts survey, with benchmarks such as the following:
Greatest challenges faced in 2016;
Best business decisions and business missteps of 2016;
Favored business development opportunities for 2017;
Anticipated 2017 participation level in the CMS Quality Payment Program (MACRA provisions) that begins January 1;
Business impact of industry shift toward rewarding healthcare value and quality over volume of services; and
Assessment of organizational positioning to succeed under value-based reimbursement models.
- Steven Valentine's roadmap to 2017 success in healthcare details:
and much more.
- Expectations for the future of the ACA, Medicare and other CMS initiatives and innovations;
- Twelve elements of President-Elect Donald Trump's 'Better Way' healthcare strategy;
- Expectations and advice for health plans and healthcare providers;
- Healthcare's newest players and investors, and what traditional healthcare companies can learn from them;
- Six reasons for the rise of healthcare consumerism;
- Signs of added transparency in healthcare quality data and pricing;
- A new look at the population health continuum and its emerging access points;
- Required elements for ACOs and clinically integrated networks (CIN);
- Eight key areas of focus for 2017 healthcare success;
- Seven guidelines for value-based payments, including the optimal strategy for redesigning healthcare care delivery and payment models;
- Seven hot healthcare trends to monitor, including movement of commercial plans to risk adjustment models;
Order your copy today:
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail email@example.com or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these strategic planning resources: