Care coordination involves deliberately organizing patient care activities and sharing information among all participants concerned with a patient's care to achieve safer and more effective care, as defined by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
2016 Healthcare Benchmarks: Care Coordination examines care coordination settings, strategies, targeted populations, supporting technologies, results and ROI, based on responses to the September 2016 Care Coordination survey by the Healthcare Intelligence Network.
For more information or to order your copy today, please visit:
This 40-page report assembles hundreds of metrics on care coordination, as implemented by hospitals, health systems, health plans, disease management, case management and other organization types.
Breaking down findings by high-responding industry sectors, this report includes the following data points:
- Status of current and planned care coordination programs to improve healthcare quality and delivery and enhance the patient experience;
- Settings in which care coordination occurs;
- Approaches built into care coordination efforts, from team-based care to medication management;
- Common care coordination activities, including plans of care, home visits, community resource links and many others;
- Members of the care coordination team;
- Health professional with primary care coordination responsibility;
- Populations targeted for care coordination;
- Clinical conditions targeted for care coordination;
- Tools to identify and risk-stratify individuals for care coordination;
- Frequency of patient visits for care coordination;
- Modes of care coordination (e.g. face-to-face, telephonic, virtual, etc.);
- Care coordination team communication channels;
- Reimbursement trends for care coordination, including a look at prevalence and payment structure;
- Most significant challenges of care coordination;
- Most effective care coordination tools, workflows and protocols;
- Greatest successes achieved by care coordination programs;
- Care coordination impact on clinical outcomes, quality of care, patient and provider engagement, value-based reimbursement and other key healthcare metrics;
- ROI from care coordination;
- The complete September 2016 Care Coordination survey tool;
- and much more.
Order your copy today online:
This benchmark report is designed to meet business and planning needs of health plans, hospitals, health systems, physician organizations, population health management, case management, managed care organizations, and others by providing critical benchmarks in care coordination.
If you are already a Healthcare Benchmark series member, then this report is FREE for you.
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail email@example.com or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these care coordination resources: