Reserve your seat for the upcoming webinar
Register today for $199 and Save $100!
Contact the Healthcare Intelligence Network
Just a reminder: register today to save for:
Healthcare Finance Update 2009: How to Cope With Bad Debt, Shrinking Charity & Reimbursement Level, and Expense Management
Thursday, March 26, 2009 • 3:00-5:00 p.m. Eastern
Also Available in Downloadable Recording Format.
Register today and save by contacting 888-446-3530 or by visiting:
Use Preferred Customer Code: HFU0212H
for special $199 pricing through March 23, 2009.
Although better positioned than most industries, healthcare is not immune to the woes
that are plaguing the rest of the economy. Healthcare finance executives face many
challenges in '09 including: bad debt, shrinking charity care, federal reimbursement
shortfalls, and expense management issues. Many are hopeful that the new president and
administration will make changes to help alleviate these fiscal maladies though all
are preparing for the worst.
The Knowledge Congress has assembled a panel of key thought leaders and experts to help
healthcare professionals cope with all of these issues. The speakers will share their
expert opinions in a two-hour healthcare finance webinar on March 26, 2009. You'll hear
Joe Becht, Jr., CPA, FHFMA, P&P Board Vice Chair, Partner, Ernst & Young, Paul R.
DeMuro, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP, Laura Ann Gabrysch, Sr. Associate, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP
and John Valenta, CPA, MBA, Senior Manager, Deloitte & Touche LLP, provide practical
- Obvious financial and legal consequences of the failure to meet debt covenants;
- Legal consequences of the failure to pay vendors in a timely manner, deferring capital expenditures, failing to comply with Charity Care Policies;
- Negative effects on compliance programs, internal audit and privacy;
- Greater scrutiny of representations and warranties, conflicts of interest, executive compensation, and whether a tax-exempt entity should maintain its tax-exempt status;
- Determining amount of community benefit/charity care that organization can provide;
- Measuring and documenting community benefit and charity care;
- Separating bad debt from charity care; and
- Executive compensation and billing and collection techniques
Can't attend the Webinar on the scheduled date?
Order a Downloadable Recording of this event.
Don't miss this important event!
Visit today for more information and webinar agenda at:
Mention customer code: HFU0212H
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network