When Sentara Medical Group determined its RN case managers working inside physician practices spent just a quarter of their time on managing care, it decided to rewrite its approach to embedded case management.
In the retooled and highly effective version, Sentara's RN case managers now meet patients where they are—at home, in the hospital, in the primary care provider office, on the phone or online via Skype or FaceTime virtual sessions—an approach that has reduced overall cost of care by 17 percent for SMG's highest risk, highest cost patients.
Hybrid Embedded Case Management: New Model for Cross-Continuum Care Coordination documents Sentara's successful hybrid approach to case management that has improved outcomes for both patients and physician practices.
For more information or to order your copy today, please visit:
In this 25-page resource, Mary M. Morin, RN, NEA-BC, RN-BC, nurse executive with Sentara Medical Group, details the care management overhaul that has dramatically reduced ER utilization, hospital admissions and readmissions among high-risk 'VIPs.' Ms. Morin provides the following details:
and much more.
The 10 goals of Sentara's ambitious care management program that includes advance care planning and a strict seven-day follow-up metric;
- Its seven-pronged population health management model;
Composition and responsibilities of the care team, which includes providers, RN care managers, PharmDs and newly added social workers;
- Nuts and bolts of the SMG RN Care Management model, including patient assignments, core competencies, work flows, communication, education and training, and more;
- Addressing the behavioral and community health needs of vulnerable, high-risk VIPs;
- The challenges of engaging providers, staff and patients in this bold new case management approach;
- The nine key roles of the RN case manager, including care plan development, care transition management and advance care planning;
- SMG care management outcomes, including metrics on hospital admissions, readmissions, ED utilization and seven-day follow-up;
Lessons learned from program development and roll-out;
For more information or to order your copy today, click here now:
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these embedded case management resources: