A Hybrid Embedded Case Management Model
A hybrid embedded case management model at Sentara Medical Group is having more success in managing high-cost, high-utilization patients than a pure embedded in the primary care practice model.
After moving the embedded case managers out of the practice full-time in 2012, Sentara reported positive returns from the program and improved efficiency of the case managers. The case managers do spend time in the practice, but are also managing care through other touch points including hospital stays, in the home, at office visits and via telephonic and Skype contacts.
During A Hybrid Embedded Case Management Model: Sentara Medical Group's Approach, a 45-minute webinar on July 31st, Mary M. Morin, RN, NEA-BC, RN-BC, nurse executive with Sentara Medical Group, will share the details on why Sentara opted for a hybrid embedded case management model and the impact the model is having on its highest risk population.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- How meeting patients in the community and in the hospital improved Sentara's patient engagement rates;
- The important role of embedded case managers in care transitions within Sentara;
- How Sentaraís embedded case managers build long-term relationships with high-risk patients;
- Why Sentara looks at chronic conditions instead of chronic diseases for impactful results; and
- The reduction in total cost of care that Sentara achieved with the hybrid embedded case management model it developed.
You can "attend" this program right in your office to learn about this unique embedded case management model.
Itís so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Mary Morin during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your questions and challenges on embedded case management.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of A Hybrid Embedded Case Management Model: Sentara Medical Group's Approach, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these resources: