Increasing demand for quality-based, pay-for-value healthcare has elevated the health coach's contribution to chronic care management and population health. From supporting 'rising risk' populations telephonically to conducting home visits for recently discharged high-risk, high-cost individuals, health coaching offers an essential care management touch point.
2016 Healthcare Benchmarks: Health Coaching is the fifth comprehensive analysis of the health coaching arena by the Healthcare Intelligence Network, capturing key metrics such as populations, health conditions and health risk levels targeted by health coaching programs; risk stratification criteria; prevalence of embedded coaching within care sites; coaching tools and incentives as well as program outcomes and ROI from more than 100 healthcare organizations.
For more information or to order your copy today, please visit:
This 50-page resource analyzes responses to HIN's fifth comprehensive industry survey on health coaching trends administered in spring 2016. This all-new research report drills down to explore health coaching case loads, experience, certification, performance measurement (individual and program) and more key metrics and is supported with more than 50 graphs and tables.
Respondents also weigh in on the most effective coaching tools and workflows and future coaching enhancements.
New metrics for 2016:
- Prevalence of embedded health coaching and associated care sites, including primary care practices, hospital ERs, discharge planning, employer sites, and more;
- Responsibilities of health coaches, including care transition management, chronic care management and medication management;
- Top challenges of health coaching;
- Prevalence of health coaching of 'rising risk' populations;
- Use of penalties for non-participation in health coaching;
- Delivery of health coaching via virtual and home visits;
- Preferred certifications, traits and experience in health coach hiring;
- Availability of health coaching in palliative care;
- Weight of quality rankings, hospital utilization data and aggregate spending in PHM program evaluation; and
- Health coaching impact on patient and provider satisfaction care plan compliance, patient self-management, hospital utilization, and other areas; and
- Most significant successes associated with health coaching.
2016 Healthcare Benchmarks: Health Coaching provides a snapshot of industry coaching trends but also drills down to sector-specific coaching activity from key stakeholders in the following areas:
and much more.
Availability of current and planned health coaching programs;
- Services provided by coaching programs;
- Populations assigned to health coaches;
- Health risk levels eligible for health coaching;
- Coaching stratification methods;
- Health conditions or concerns targeted by coaching;
- Trends in embedding or co-location of health coaches at points of care and key care sites;
- Health coach duties;
- Coaching delivery modalities, including the availability of virtual coaching visits;
- Preferred coaching tools and other effective workflows;
- The use of incentives and penalties with coaching candidates;
- Coaching caseloads, education and preferred accreditations;
- Success measurement tools to evaluate coaches, coaching participants, and coaching programs;
- Greatest challenges and successes from health coaching initiatives;
- The complete 2016 Health Coaching survey tool;
Order your copy today online:
This benchmark report is designed to meet business and planning needs of health plans, employers, managed care organizations, health systems, service providers and others by providing critical metrics in health coaching.
If you are already a Healthcare Benchmark series member, then this report is FREE for you.
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these health coaching resources: