Generating Medical Home Savings and
Quality Improvements Through Outcome-Based Measures
Physician incentive payments that take into account both medical home capabilities and outcome measures have produced savings of over $155 million over three years for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan's patient-centered medical home (PCMH).
With 1,254 primary care practices participating in the program, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) has created its own PCMH designation that has become more rigorous as the program has evolved.
During Generating Medical Home Savings and Quality Improvements Through Outcome-Based Measures, an April 30th webinar at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Donna Saxton, field team manager of BCBSM's value partnerships program, will share the details of its PCMH designation requirements and the system of rewards and incentives that has produced results for the plan, the PCMH practices and its members.
Register to view the conference today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- How BCBSM works with practices to build PCMH capabilities and consults with them on improvement opportunities;
- The outcome-based performance measures that have helped to improve quality and reduce costs;
- How to engage physicians in process improvement principles;
- How the medical home reward and incentive structure fits into BCBSM's other value-based reimbursement programs;
- The role of specialists in this PCMH and their incentive structure; and
- The quality improvement and cost savings produced by this program.
You can "attend" this program right in your office and learn the key features of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan's medical home program...from the measures used to drive performance to the results produced.
It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to view the program right on your computer or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Ms. Saxton during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your unique patient-centered medical home challenges.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Generating Medical Home Savings and Quality Improvements Through Outcome-Based Measures, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these medical home resources: