Sea Girt NJ USA -- November 18, 2010: Provider partnerships forged through an accountable care organization (ACO) hit all of the marks for healthcare delivery reform and offer a key opportunity to boost revenue and clinical outcomes.
The Essential Guide to Accountable Care Organizations: Challenges, Risks and Opportunities of the ACO Model is designed to assist healthcare organizations as they assess market position and readiness for the ACO model and move quickly to improve profitability and market share.
This 60-page guide demystifies CMS's Medicare ACO Shared Savings Program, explains the short- and long-term financial opportunities afforded by ACOs, and takes an inside look at several existing ACOs and the lessons learned from their development and launch.
For more information, please visit:
Content Overview: This comprehensive guide provides details on the following:
- Defining ACOs;
- Assessing ACO risks and opportunities;
- Developing an organizational strategic assessment;
- Estimating the size of the ACO opportunity for hospitals and other organizations;
- Determining system changes required before launching an ACO;
- Developing performance measures and an incentives program for year one and beyond;
- Enlisting healthcare providers to be accountable to their outcomes;
- Setting provider payments to support an ACO;
- Gaining stakeholder support early in the process;
- Creating the ACO roll-out plan.
To view the complete table of contents, please visit:
"The ACO model offers incentives for physicians to consolidate into healthcare networks, which facilitate care coordination and result in a more efficient, effective healthcare delivery system. However, organizations must be prudent in their approach to ACO formation; those considering a move to this model will benefit from a review of the guidelines, case studies and advice presented in this guide," said Melanie Matthews, executive vice president, Healthcare Intelligence Network.
About the Healthcare Intelligence Network — HIN is the premier advisory service for executives seeking high-quality strategic information on the business of healthcare. For more information, contact the Healthcare Intelligence Network, PO Box 1442, Wall Township, NJ 07719-1442, (888) 446-3530, fax (732) 449-4463, e-mail email@example.com, or visit http://www.hin.com.