Poor prognoses, the loss of functional capabilities, and the need for advanced care planning are just some of the emotionally charged challenges of caring for individuals with advanced illness.
Case Management for Advanced Illness: Best Practices in End-of-Life Care examines Aetna's Compassionate Care program, a case management approach for this population. The payor's initiative breaks down barriers commonly encountered in this highly sensitive stage of the health continuum while positively impacting both healthcare utilization and spend.
In this 30-page resource, Dr. Joseph Agostini, senior medical director, Aetna Medicare, shares the key features of the Compassionate Care Program at Aetna, along with the impact the program has had on healthcare utilization and quality outcomes.
He also answers a range of questions on the initiative, including the role of palliative care, strategies for educating and engaging both providers and patients in care management for advanced illness, transitioning patients to this stage of care management, and the ideal traits of the Compassionate Care case manager.
Additionally, Sheryl Riley, RN, OCN, CMCN, managing partner, Clarion LLC, draws upon her 10 years of experience in care and case management of oncology patients to share the case manager's perspective. In a Q&A interview, Riley, not associated with the Compassionate Care program, describes some of the challenges of the field, including the shifting definition of care management and an emerging trend in oncology care management, care of the survivors.
For more information or to order your copy today, please visit:
This resource provides details on the following:
- How providing information, tools and resources contributes to higher quality of care for those with advanced illness;
- Best practices and barriers that commonly arise during the care of advanced illness patients;
- Patient identification and engagement techniques, including the use of motivational interviewing to improve communication and goal attainment;
- How a member-centric system, which includes case management and other clinical assessments helps case managers address the holistic needs of the patients; and
- Results from the program that illustrate the program's impact at the best intersection of quality and cost.
For more information or to order your copy today, click here now:
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-446-3530.