At the point of care or behind the scenes, care coordination by healthcare case managers helps to elevate clinical, quality and financial outcomes in population health management and chronic care, the all-important hallmarks of value-based care.
2017 Healthcare Benchmarks: Case Management provides actionable information from 78 healthcare organizations on the role of case management in the healthcare continuum, from targeted populations and conditions to the advantages and challenges of embedded case management to CM hiring and evaluation standards. Assessment of case management ROI and impact on key care components are also provided.
For more information or to order your copy today, please visit:
This fifth comprehensive analysis of healthcare case management trends delivers 50 pages of newly collected metrics and measures on current and planned case management initiatives, presented in dozens of easy-to-follow graphs and tables.
This all-new data is derived from responses to the fifth Healthcare Intelligence Network Case Management Survey conducted in July 2017.
New in the 2017 Edition: This all-new report contains the following new data:
- Percentage of case management programs targeting Medicaid-Medicare dual eligibles;
- Prevalence of hybrid case management work locations (mix of primary care office, home, hospital, etc.)
- Challenges related to integration of embedded case manager on care team;
- Case management responsibilities in chronic care management;
- Frequency of social determinants of health screening by case managers;
- Use of telehealth and remote monitoring in CM-patient interactions;
- Quality measures as CM evaluation metric; and
- Poll results: can the costs of patient-facing technologies (e.g. wearables, mobile apps, remote monitoring) be recouped through improved patient outcomes?
2017 Healthcare Benchmarks: Case Management also documents in respondents' own words frank feedback on their most rewarding patient interactions, advice for newly hired case managers, successful case management interventions, tools and workflows, notable improvements resulting from case management interventions, and more.
This report provides all-new expanded metrics from overall respondents as well as a deeper data dive into hospital and health plan sector responses on:
- Current and planned healthcare case management programs;
- Populations and conditions targeted by case management efforts;
- Strategies for identifying and stratifying individuals for case management;
- Program components and CM tasks;
- CM-patient interaction modes, including technologies and home visits;
- Case manager work locations and colocation/embedding trends and associated challenges;
- Preferred education levels and certifications and average case manager case loads;
- Metrics used to evaluate case management performance and program impact;
- Key barriers to case management and resistance to launching of programs in this area;
- The impact of healthcare case management on healthcare utilization, member/patient satisfaction, ROI and other key indicators;
- The complete July 2017 Healthcare Case Management survey tool;
- and much more.
This industry snapshot is enhanced with commentary from industry thought leaders who have shared case management innovations over the last year.
Healthcare organizations will benefit from this capsule of performance and utilization metrics to evaluate, plan and retool case management programs.
Order your copy today online:
If you are already a Healthcare Benchmark series member, then this report is FREE for you.
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these resources on case management: