Press Release: Care Coordination in an ACO:
Managing the Population Health Continuum
from Wellness to End-of-Life
Contact: Melanie Matthews
Sea Girt NJ USA -- September 17, 2015: A multi-layer, patient-centered approach to care coordination of Memorial Hermann's ACO covered lives is designed to cover these members under a population health umbrella spanning the entire continuum of care from wellness services to supportive services for end-of-life care.
As the largest not-for-profit health system in Southeast Texas with 13 hospitals, numerous specialty programs and services, and 5,500 affiliated physicians, Memorial Hermann was one of the top Medicare Shared Savings program in 2014 in terms of quality metrics and cost savings and is expecting similar results for the upcoming reporting year. It has been able to move the dial on healthcare costs and quality by providing actionable member data into the hands of physicians and surrounding these physicians with a care team to support the members.
During Care Coordination in an ACO: Managing the Population Health Continuum from Wellness to End-of-Life, a 45-minute webinar on September 29th at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Mary Folladori, RN, MSN, FACM, CMAC, system director of care management at the Memorial Hermann Physician Network and ACO, will provide the inside details on its care coordination strategy and results.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- The role of an enterprise data warehouse in finding members early and making sure those members are tucked in with the services they need before an event occurs on a condition-specific basis and a larger outreach effort;
- How a wholistic intake of members drives how often the care coordination team outreaches to the memberówith some touch points conducted telephonically and some face-to-face;
- The key features of Memorial Hermann's longitudinal care plan, which follows members for 18 months and helps them transition to self-care through motivational interviewing and shared decision-making;
- How a focus on the care coordinators as a member of the physician team helped Memorial Hermann achieve high patient engagement rates; and
- Details on the results that Memorial Hermann has achieved and why a focus on quality metrics by the ACO led to gains in efficiency metrics.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Mary Folladori during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your questions and challenges on coordinating care across the continuum.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Care Coordination in an ACO: Managing the Population Health Continuum from Wellness to End-of-Life, please visit:
You may also be interested in these resources:
About the Healthcare Intelligence Network ó HIN is the premier advisory service for executives seeking high-quality strategic information on the business of healthcare. For more information, contact the Healthcare Intelligence Network, PO Box 1442, Wall Township, NJ 07719-1442, (888) 446-3530, e-mail email@example.com, or visit http://www.hin.com.