Creating a Virtual Multi-Specialty
Physician Network: A Payor-Provider Collaborative
A collaboration between Adventist Health and Blue Shield of California is improving access to specialist care and reducing inefficiencies through virtual telehealth visits.
The nine-site program, which launched in March and includes 13 specialties, will expand to an additional 16 sites by the end of this year.
During Creating a Virtual Multi-Specialty Physician Network: A Payor-Provider Collaborative, an October 15th webinar, Robert Marchuk, vice president of ancillary services, Adventist Health, Christine Martin, director of operations, Adventist Health, and Lisa Williams, senior director of strategic integration and execution, healthcare quality and affordability, Blue Shield of California, will share the inside details on the collaboration and the shared mission and values of the organizations that is leading to the program's success.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- How a care coordination center developed to support the program is critical to the program success and the functions assumed by this care coordination center during the virtual telehealth process;
- What the roles are for each organization in this telehealth collaboration;
- How patients and physicians are recruited to participate in the virtual telehealth visits;
- The details of the virtual telehealth training program, which includes a mix of online and on-site training, with a focus on patient engagement strategies and how specialists can make a connection with the patient remotely;
- How specialists are reimbursed and the credentialing process for the physicians conducting the virtual visits; and
- The role of the primary care physician in specialist virtual telehealth visits.
You can "attend" this program right in your office to learn more about this virtual specialty physician network.
It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by these industry experts from Adventist Health and Blue Shield of California during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your questions and challenges on establishing a virtual care program.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Creating a Virtual Multi-Specialty Physician Network: A Payor-Provider Collaborative, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these resources: