Quality metrics are the most common measure used to evaluate provider performance for value-based payments, according to the 2015 Healthcare Benchmarks: Value-Based Reimbursement. The survey also identified 10 additional metrics used for provider performance evaluation.
Click here to view a printable version of the chart and discover additional provider performance metrics.
For access to dozens of metrics and benchmarks on value-based reimbursement, download your copy of 2015 Healthcare Benchmarks: Value-Based Reimbursement today at:
This 40-page report, based on responses from more than 80 healthcare companies to HIN's inaugural survey on value-based reimbursement, compiles a collection of metrics presented in data tables and dozens of charts.
The market metrics in this report encompass the following data points:
and much more, including respondents' thoughts on availability of sufficient tools and technology to enable providers to succeed under value-based reimbursement models.
- Current use of value-based reimbursement or alternative payment models;
- Favored value-based payment models, including patient-centered medical home (PCMH), accountable care organization (ACO), bundled payments, and others;
- Number of beneficiaries covered by value-based reimbursement models;
- Number of physicians reimbursed via value-based contracts;
- Percentage of provider compensation that is value-based;
- Provider metrics evaluated to determine value-based payments;
- Tools and technologies supporting value-based models;
- Program components related to value-basedpayment models (e.g. physician report cards, staff incentives, etc.);
- Most effective tools, workflows or protocols in a value-based reimbursement strategy, in respondents' own words;
- Annual savings attributed to value-based reimbursement models;
- Most significant challenge of implementing a value-based reimbursement strategy;
- Impact of quality-focused payment on clinical and organizational outcomes, including care coordination, patient satisfaction, healthcare services utilization, etc.;
- Program ROI;
- Greatest successes to date attributed to value-based reimbursement;
- The complete September 2015 Value-Based Reimbursement survey tool;
Order your copy today online:
Regular Benchmarks Buyer? — Save $500 annually with our Benchmarks Subscription. Click here for details.
Benchmark reports to be released in the upcoming weeks will cover population health management, health coaching and other key topics impacting the healthcare industry in the coming months.
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network, or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these value-based reimbursement resources: