Manasquan NJ USA -- July 19, 2010: A national emphasis on reducing healthcare costs and improving care efficiency is expanding the work sphere of the healthcare case manager, according to new research by the Healthcare Intelligence Network. HIN's December 2009 survey on healthcare case management found that more than four-fifths — 84 percent — of survey respondents are using case managers in their organizations, with many co-locating the case manager with providers and achieving ROI of up to two and three times program cost.
A new report, 2010 Benchmarks in Healthcare Case Management: Responsibilities, Results & ROI provides actionable information on case management from 187 healthcare organizations on the placement and responsibilities of case managers and the impact case management has on healthcare utilization, cost and compliance. Click here for more information.
"The survey results analyzed in this report indicate that as more healthcare case managers are linked with primary care providers, hospital discharge planning teams and nursing home staff, their impact will be felt in the areas of care transition management, risk stratification, care plan compliance and overall healthcare utilization," said Melanie Matthews, executive vice president, the Healthcare Intelligence Network.
Learn more about the expanding role of the healthcare case manager and see sampe data from the report.
Report Content: Metrics and measures on current and planned case management initiatives as well as lessons learned and results from successful case management programs. Analyzes overall responses and drills down to hospital- and health plan-only views. More than 40 easy-to-follow graphs and tables.
- Current and planned healthcare case management programs;
- Populations and conditions targeted by case management efforts;
- The top five responsibilities of the healthcare case manager;
- Work locations and average case manager case loads;
- Tools and strategies to identify patients most in need of case management;
- Tactics to evaluate a case manager's performance and program impact;
- Overcoming barriers to case management and to the launching of programs in this area;
- The impact of healthcare case management on healthcare utilization, member/patient satisfaction and ROI;
- The complete December 2009 Healthcare Case Management survey tool;
- and much, much more.
Report Formats: PDF instant download or Print.
About the Healthcare Intelligence Network — HIN is the premier advisory service for executives seeking high-quality strategic information on the business of healthcare. For more information, contact the Healthcare Intelligence Network, PO Box 1442, Wall Township, NJ 07719-1442, (888) 446-3530, e-mail email@example.com, or visit http://www.hin.com.