The accountable care organization, or ACO, has become a cornerstone of healthcare delivery system and payment reform by raising the bar on healthcare quality and reducing unnecessary costs. There are now more than 700 ACOs in existence today, by a 2017 SK&A estimate.
2017 Healthcare Benchmarks: Accountable Care Organizations, HIN's fifth compendium of metrics on ACOs, captures ACO operation in today's value- and quality-focused healthcare environment.
For more information or to order your copy today, please visit:
This 50-page report, now in its fifth edition, delivers actionable data from healthcare companies who completed HIN's fifth comprehensive ACO assessment in May 2017.
New Metrics in the 2017 Edition:
- Participation (current and anticipated) in emerging ACO models, including the CMS ACO Investment Model, Comprehensive ESRD Care Model, Accountable Health Communities, Medicare ACO Track 1+ Model, Medicaid-Medicare ACO, and more;
Inclusion of behavioral health providers in ACOs;
- Prevalence of ACOs with 100,000 members or more;
Utilization of data analytics by ACOs;
- Provision within ACOs for medication management, Medicare Chronic Care Management, and social determinants of health screenings;
Predictions on CMS proactive assignment of Medicare beneficiaries to physicians' ACO panels;
- The complete August 2017 Accountable Care Organizations survey tool.
Standard ACO Metrics Set:
As HIN benchmarks readers and members have come to expect, 2017 Healthcare Benchmarks: Accountable Care Organizations continues to document the ways in which accountable care is transforming healthcare delivery.
In this all-new resource, 2017 Healthcare Benchmarks: Accountable Care Organizations provides sector-specific qualitative data in the following areas:
And much more.
Current and planned ACOs;
- Numbers of physicians participating in ACOs;
- Types of providers participating in ACOs;
- Principal ACO administrators;
- Participation by ACO model (Medicare Shared Savings Program or MSSP, Pioneer ACO, etc.)
- Populations covered by current ACOs;
- Numbers of lives covered by current ACOs;
- Time required for ACO development;
- ACO program components, including the use of electronic health records (EHRs), patient portals, evidence-based care, and other elements;
- Reimbursement models in use in ACOs;
- Metrics to evaluate ACO success;
Preferred ACO quality, efficiency and satisfaction measure sets;
- ROI from ACOs;
- Impact of ACO model on patient and provider satisfaction, care coordination, ER and hospital utilization, population health, healthcare spend and other key indicators;
- Early successes from ACOs;
- Greatest challenges associated with ACO creation;
These metrics are presented in more than 60 easy-to-follow graphs and tables.
Order your copy today online:
If you are already a Healthcare Benchmark series member, then this report is FREE for you.
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail email@example.com or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these resources on ACOs: