As the number of public and private accountable care organizations nears 500, participants are fine-tuning the ACO model. In the few years since the ACO model entered healthcare's consciousness, administration has shifted from hospital-led to physician-only leadership to PHO-helmed ACOs.
ACO participation by skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and home health providers also has spiked from 2012 to 2013.
Those are just two findings documented in 2013 Healthcare Benchmarks: Accountable Care Organizations, HIN's third annual compendium of metrics and benchmarks on ACOs.
This 60-page report, now in its third year, delivers actionable data from 138 healthcare companies who completed HIN's third annual ACO readiness assessment conducted in August 2013.
For more information or to order your copy today:
The ACO movement shows no signs of slowing; looking ahead, the survey identified a greater number of ACOs in the wings than one year ago. 2013 Healthcare Benchmarks: Accountable Care Organizations documents the numerous ways in which accountable care is transforming healthcare delivery, particularly in the area of care coordination, where the ACO model has had the greatest impact for this year's respondents.
This report provides sector-specific qualitative data in the following areas:
- Current and planned ACOs;
- Numbers of physicians participating in ACOs;
- Types of providers participating in ACOs;
- Principal ACO administrators;
- Populations covered by current ACOs;
- Numbers of lives covered by current ACOs;
- Time required for ACO creation;
- Use of electronic health records in ACOs;
- Reimbursement models in use in ACOs;
- Metrics to evaluate ACO success;
- Preferred quality, efficiency and satisfaction measure sets in use in ACOs;
- ROI from ACOs;
- Greatest challenges associated with an ACO launch;
- And much more.
If you are already a Healthcare Intelligence Network Benchmark subscriber, then this report is FREE for you.
Not a member, but want to receive all of our benchmark reports for one year for just $695...a $500 savings! Simply sign up for HIN's Benchmark Subscription, and you'll get access to these ACO benchmarks and upcoming benchmark reports on the patient-centered medical home, population health management and more. Click here to sign up for this limited time offer today:
New in the 2013 Edition:
- ACO participation by type (Medicare Shared Savings, Pioneer ACO, etc.)
Comparative 2011-to-2013 data on key ACO metrics;
Metrics on use of case management, patient portals, evidence-based care and other ACO program components;
- Utilization of NQF and CMS clinical measures to evaluate ACO efficiency and quality;
The most effective tools, protocols and work flows in use in ACOs in the respondents' own words.
- Impact of ACO model on population health, healthcare spend and other indicators;
- Early successes from ACOs; and
- The complete August 2013 Accountable Care Organizations survey tool.
These metrics are presented in more than 60 easy-to-follow graphs and tables.
The 60-page 2013 Healthcare Benchmarks: Accountable Care Organizations is part of the HIN Healthcare Benchmarking series, which provides continuous qualitative data on industry trends to empower healthcare companies to assess strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to improve by comparing organizational performance to reported metrics.
For more information or to order your copy today, click here now:
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on
your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within
your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network,
or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these ACO resources: