As healthcare organizations take on more responsibility for the total cost of care of their populations, it's imperative to address factors related to the social determinants of health (SDOH) that could impact the population for which they're accountable.
During Assessing Social Determinants of Health: Collecting and Responding to Data in the Primary Care Setting, a 45-minute webinar on June 29th, Dr. Amanda Parsons, MBA, vice president of community and population health at Montefiore Health System, will provide insight into her organization's evolution of SDOH screening into an EPIC®-supported process.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- How Montefiore moved from a paper-based SDOH screening at a few clinics to a pilot program at 23 clinics with an EPIC®-supported screening, including details on which SDOH assessment tools are used, how the screening fits into the clinical workflow and how staff responds to the screening results;
- The importance of building the back-end support to respond to SDOH data before screening starts and what tools and resources Montefiore utilizes to address SDOH;
- How Montefiore sets patient expectations for the SDOH factors for which it can provide assistance;
- The challenges that Montefiore has addressed as it has moved through this pilot program, including details on overcoming staff push-back and mapping SDOH to ICD-10 codes; and
- The steps Montefiore will be taking in the upcoming months to enhance the program, including plans for referral management of community-based services in the EHR; identifying which community-based services are delivering better care for potential payment alignment and implications for healthcare payors moving forward.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Dr. Parsons during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your
SDOH data collection and analysis questions and challenges.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Assessing Social Determinants of Health: Collecting and Responding to Data in the Primary Care Setting, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
You may also be interested in these resources on social health determinants from the Healthcare Intelligence Network: