- Many Cancer Patients Continue to Smoke After Being Diagnosed
- Large Decline in Lower-Limb Amputations Among U.S. Diabetic Adults
- New Chart: Who Belongs on the Medical Home Team?
- School Obesity Programs May Promote Worrisome Eating Behaviors, Physical Activity in Kids
- Delirium After Stroke Linked to Poorer Outcomes for Patients
- Q&A: What Is The Role of The Patient Care Team in an ACO?
(Open access until February 1.)
- Diabetics Using Lifestyle Counseling in Primary Care Settings Reach Treatment Goals Quickly
- Keeping Brain Sharp, Active May Ward Off Alzheimer's
- HealthSounds Video: Using Patient Registries to Improve Healthcare Quality
- Women Feel More Pain Than Men in Certain Disease Categories
- HRHC Diabetes Collaborative Relies on Tiered Care Management, Registries
Missed last week's issue? View it here.
Share these headlines on:
Take this month's e-survey: Reducing Hospital Readmissions in 2012
Interested in all open surveys?
Review them here.
Download new market research: 2010 Benchmarks in Obesity and Weight Management
To receive daily updates from Twitter, follow us at: http://twitter.com/H_I_N.
What are your disease management data needs? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Disease Management Digest by Healthcare Intelligence Network.
Editor: Jessica Papay, email@example.com;
Publisher: Melanie Matthews, firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Offices: 800 State Highway 71, Suite 2, Sea Girt, NJ 08750,
Fax (732) 449-4463; e-mail email@example.com, Web site
Join our Online Communities:
You Might Be Interested In:
In the Case Management Answer Book Vol. I: FAQs on Risk Reduction, Care Coordination and Co-Location, industry thought leaders provide answers to more than 50 questions on the practicalities of case management, from required skill sets for newly hired case managers to engaging non-compliant patients to supporting a case manager embedded in a hospital ER.
Order your instant PDF download or print copy today.
Featured Webinar Replay:
Excerpt from presentation by Patricia Zinkus, director of case management at Fallon Community Health Plan:
"Current information demonstrates that the frail senior members who do not understand their physician’s plan of care are transitioning from one level of care to another or are especially at risk for preventable admission, readmission and ER visits. There is a pamphlet for our Home Run program that identifies the collaborative effort between the VNA, the Fallon Clinic and Fallon Community Health Plan, which underscores the fact that we are not replacing the PCP. Patients still go to their doctors for visits; however, we augment their care." Watch the webinar today or order a training DVD or CD-ROM.